Content is the easiest way to break a website's accessibility
- Are you using 'click here' and 'read more' as link text?
- Do you know whether you're using appropriate text alternatives for images?
- Are you using headings correctly to show structure in your content?
- Do you know the best colour contrast to use for text and formatting?
This one-day workshop will equip you with all the information and skills you need to ensure that your organisation's web content is accessible. This workshop is facilitated by Sarah Pulis, Web Accessibility Evangelist at Access iQ™.
What previous attendees have said
'An effective introduction to the WCAG 2.0 requirements as they apply to authors and editors, and what they need to know when developing content to WCAG 2.0 standard for web publication.'
Content Developer, Australian Taxation Office
'Great presenter, passionate and knowledgeable.'
Senior Communications Officer, WorkCover
View Accessible content authoring workshop [promo] (close captioned) on YouTube.
Why should you attend?
- To gain a competitive edge and maximise the reach of your corporate communication by ensuring your web content is accessible to users of all ages and abilities.
- To learn accessible content techniques to meet Level AA of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0).
- To understand what components, when creating and uploading content, make it accessible for users.
- Explanation of web accessibility, including what web accessibility is and why it's important.
- Introduction to WCAG 2.0 and the requirements that are important for accessible content authoring.
- Practical techniques for creating accessible content that complies with WCAG 2.0 Level AA. Topics include:
- Text alternatives for images
- Complex images and infographics
- Images of text
- Colour and contrast
- Heading and subheadings
- Information and relationships (formatting)
- Overview of the requirements for ensuring that multimedia content is accessible and complies with WCAG 2.0.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of web accessibility.
- Understand how to avoid creating barriers in your web content for people with disabilities.
- Create accessible web content that complies with WCAG 2.0 Level AA.
- Apply practical techniques to meet accessibility requirements.
- Understand the requirements for making multimedia content accessible.
9.00am – 4.30pm
Not currently available in your state? Contact us about arranging a workshop in your location.
Registrations will be opening shortly!